"a beauty, lifestyle and mental health blog run by a teen girl"

Kylie Jenner Lip Kit: Candy K Honest Review

14:57:00, by Ciara




Kylie Cosmetics is a makeup company owned by the well known Kylie Jenner. Since the company started it got a lot of hype and popularity, maybe a bit too much. However I am here to tell you my honest review about the brand and it's most loved shade, Candy K.




First off, ordering was very fast for me since the original lip kits have been out for a while now. I had no problems with the site crashing, or products becoming 'sold out'.
£14.00 for shipping was something I thought was annoying along with customs which were £12.02 so that's £26.02 just for handling fees.

Candy K cost in total: £33.62 adding on customs £45.64, wow.

So how long did it take for the beloved lip kit to arrive? 8 weeks...




After a long awaited time, it arrived safely at my house. The box was very nice as it had the authentic white drips around the side of the black box, of course that has changed now for many reasons. Inside was my Kylie lip kit in Candy K, que the *singing angels* hehe!
I love the packaging for the lip kit a lot, it's photogenic and stylish. Just what a blogger wants.




That leads us to the actual product. Again the look of it is stunning, which is why people become so drawn into buying it. Inside the box includes; 1 lip liner, and 1 matte liquid lipstick.

The liquid lipstick has a doe foot applicator which gives easy application and the formulation of the matte liquid lipstick is quite thin and greasy, however it dries matte quickly.
What about that 'lovely smelling cupcake scent?' Im not a fan of it and it kind of puts me off wearing the kit.
On the other hand, the lip liner is perfectly fine, it glides on smoothly and there is a fair amount of product. The colour is slightly lighter than the liquid lipstick but that gets covered when you apply the lipstick on top.

Candy K is a really dark pink, and I thought it would have been an everyday nude colour. Obviously not. It doesn't suit my skin tone and I don't wear dark lips.
 I heard that the formulation was changed to make Candy K more darker, but Kylie didn't tell her fans or customers about the situation.



Overall I am quite disappointed about the shade Candy K and I feel with Kylie Cosmetics you are just paying for the name. However I have my eye on the Birthday Edition products, I like the look of the cream eyeshadow in Rose Gold, but I could just buy a Maybelline Colour Tattoo eyeshadow instead for much cheaper. Hehe!

I am selling this exact Kylie Lip Kit in Candy K on my Depop for a great price £38.00, if you are interested head on over to my Depop @pastelpetals

Do you like Kylie Cosmetics? What do you want from there?

Im sorry I have been gone for a while, it's because I went on holiday to Orlando, Florida and just got back. I will have a travel diary coming up soon! 


Bellissimo
xox

4 comments

  1. Ahh your photography is sooo gorgeous! You gotta share your secrets with us! ;) Which camera and editing program do you use? I'm a new fashion and beauty blogger, so I'll take all the help I can get haha! <3

    Emily / Kaiaroes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Thank you so much, Im such a perfectionist when It comes to photography on my blog, it has to look perfect. The struggles are real! I use the Samsung WB350F camera, it has wifi on it so I can send across my photos, how cool? I edit my photos on PicMonkey, it's so simple! Welcome to the blogging world Emily :)

      Ciara x

      Delete
  2. Sorry you didn't like it! Personally, I am a fan of the lip kits, they seem to work well on my lips but they're not for everyone. The customs & shipping charges are what put me off buying them again x

    http://www.lilydeal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Instagram